In this important new role, you will support the generation of income and other added-value benefits from corporate organisations, both in the UK and internationally. You work will include developing a prospect pipeline and corporate fundraising calendar, making proactive approaches to corporates, supporting pitches and meetings with corporate clients. You will work closely with colleagues from across SPANA, including the Head of Philanthropy, Director of Fundraising and Chief Executive.
|Location||SPANA head office, London.|
|Hours of work||Standard hours are 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Thursday, and 9.00am-4.30pm Fridays, although these may be varied in line with SPANA’s staggered hours policy.|
|22 days annual leave, excluding bank holidays, plus three additional days to be taken over the Christmas period when the office is closed. Further days of leave will be earned after two years of service – see the employment handbook for details.|
|Remuneration||Competitive – based on experience|
|Overall purpose of the role||The Senior Corporate Fundraising Officer will support the Philanthropy Team in the delivery of income and other added-value benefits from corporate organisations. This will include developing a prospect pipeline and corporate fundraising calendar, making proactive approaches to corporates, supporting pitches and meetings with corporate clients
This role will also provide general support to SPANA’s corporate fundraising programme, to ensure its smooth running, effectiveness and value to the charity.
The Senior Corporate Fundraising Officer will be an outstanding team player and work collaboratively to maximise income and benefits from corporates to SPANA.
|Line managed by||Head of Philanthropy|
The Fundraising Department
The Corporate Fundraising Officer sits within the Major Gifts team, which is part of the wider Fundraising department. The Major Gifts team is responsible for raising income from trusts, major donors, legacies and corporates. The Fundraising department also comprises Donor Marketing & Digital Fundraising and Supporter Care (Supporter Engagement, Database Management, Community Fundraising and Events).
- Research and build a clear knowledge of target corporate organisations, to develop and manage a pipeline of future corporate fundraising partners.
- Devise and make approaches to corporate organisations, ensuring each is tailored as appropriate to secure support and position SPANA as a partner of choice.
- Develop and update a corporate fundraising activity calendar, to include timed corporate appeals and charity-of-the-year applications.
- Support the Head of Philanthropy in providing account management to existing corporate partners, to ensure their continued engagement with the charity.
- Organise events, visits, meetings and other appropriate activities to encourage and maintain support from corporates.
- Project-manage the development and production of SPANA fundraising and marketing materials, to support corporate fundraising activities.
- Support senior stakeholders, including the Chief Executive, Director of Fundraising and other directors, with corporate fundraising activities, including presentations and meetings.
- Work with SPANA colleagues to identify and maintain a list of suitable projects that would particularly appeal to potential corporate partners.
- Work with the Communications team to ensure required PR and communications activities concerning corporate partnerships are developed and delivered.
- Prepare and present written reports and information as required.
- Support the Head of Philanthropy and the Major Gifts team in development of new income streams.
Corporate fundraising programme – support and administration
- Maintain accurate records of corporate fundraising activities on our CRM database
- Provide regular reporting on progress, targets and income generated
- To administer the corporate fundraising programme according to set procedures and timelines, whilst providing exemplary stewardship.
- To provide general administrative support to ensure the smooth running of the corporate fundraising programme such as drafting documents, updates and meeting minutes, dealing with telephone queries, data entry and filing.
- To assist (especially when other staff are on holiday or during busy times) with thanking and fulfilment across the Major Gifts team.
- Ensure all SPANA’s corporate fundraising activities are legally compliant.
- Uphold and promote SPANA’s policies and procedures at all times.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required.
This job description is not exhaustive.
As a small charity (in terms of staffing, not ambition nor reach) at times we need everybody to pull together and help out so, in addition to the person specification, we require staff to:
- Be positive with a friendly manner whilst remaining professional and efficient.
- Be flexible as from time to time the post holder may be asked to perform other duties.
- To resolve supporter complaints quickly, appropriately and professionally in regard to the areas that their role relates to.
- Enjoy working in a team and have a strong team ethic.
- To maintain, improve and develop team processes and procedures as and where necessary.
- To gain an in-depth understanding of SPANA’s charitable work in order to communicate confidently to current and potential donors.
- Share information with the team, whilst respecting confidentiality, so that you and your colleagues have all the information you need to perform your duties effectively.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Be committed to the aims and objectives of SPANA.
- To attend and assist at fundraising events and be willing to work occasional weekends and evenings when required due to events and community activities.
- Be willing to work within SPANA’s employment policies.
|Working in a corporate fundraising role, with a track record of developing relationships with corporate partners and potential supporters||(E)|
|Researching, developing and maintaining a corporate pipeline||(E)|
|Producing high-quality and compelling approaches, proposals, reports, presentations and correspondence, to inspire generous support from corporate and other donors||(E)|
|Supporting activities related to corporate partnerships||(E)|
|Working in a busy professional environment on a variety of projects||(E)|
|Working independently and collaboratively in a team||(E)|
|Bringing in income against targets||(E)|
|Building working relationships with a diverse range of people at all levels of seniority||(E)|
|Working with databases, preferably Raisers Edge and setting up/following procedures||(D)|
|Prospect research techniques skills, and using research to suggest suitable projects/areas of interest/building a long term relationship||(D)|
|Skills, Abilities & Attitudes|
|A passion for the welfare of animals in some of the poorest parts of the world||(E)|
|Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively about a cause||(E)|
|Exceptional organisational skills with ability to prioritise a varied workload, remaining calm whilst dealing with changing priorities to meet tight deadlines.||(E)|
|First rate administrative skills and attention to detail||(E)|
|Ability to work independently, take responsibility for own areas of work, with capability to use initiative and seize opportunities||(E)|
|Ability to maintain effective administrative systems and procedures||(E)|
|A conscientious, positive and friendly team player||(E)|
|Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge of Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, etc||(E)|
|A diligent researcher with excellent analytical skills to interpret information concisely||(E)|
|Educated to degree level or equivalent||(D)|
|Uphold the fundamental principles and act with integrity and in accordance with SPANA’s values and obligations||(E)|
|Recognise the implications of working within a charity and a voluntary organisation||(E)|
|Ensure equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice and promote diversity||(E)|
|Able to work occasional unsociable hours, weekends and stay overnight when required for travel||(D)|
Pension scheme – you contribute 5% SPANA contributes 10%
Discounted gym membership and PureGym and Nuffield Health
Employee assistance programme
Flat rental support agreement
Cycle to work scheme