The Donor Marketing Executive is responsible for supporting SPANA’s Donor Marketing and Digital Fundraising team by undertaking a varied programme of activities, ranging from compiling reports, data checking and stock maintenance to copywriting, liaising with external suppliers and general administrative tasks. This entry-level new role would suit a talented marketer looking to develop and grow their fundraising skills and experience in a fast-moving but friendly charity environment.
|Location||SPANA head office, London.|
|Hours of work||Standard hours are 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Thursday, and 9.00am-4.30pm Fridays, although these may be varied in line with SPANA’s staggered hours policy.|
|22 days annual leave, excluding bank holidays, plus three additional days to be taken over the Christmas period when the office is closed. Further days of leave will be earned after two years of service – see the employment handbook for details.|
|Remuneration||Competitive – based on experience|
|Overall purpose of the role||The Donor Marketing Executive is responsible for supporting the Donor Marketing and Digital Fundraising team by undertaking a varied programme of activities. These activities range from compiling reports, data checking and stock maintenance to copywriting, liaising with external suppliers and general administrative tasks.
The role would suit an outstanding team player who will work collaboratively to maximise voluntary income for the Donor Marketing and Digital Fundraising, and all fundraising streams.
|Line managed by:||Head of Donor Marketing and Digital Fundraising|
The Fundraising Team
This role sits within the Donor Marketing and Digital Fundraising team, which is part of the wider Fundraising department. Donor Marketing is responsible for generating voluntary income from individuals in the UK and SPANA’s international markets, through various marketing methods. The Fundraising department also comprises Supporter Care (Database Management, Supporter Engagement and Community Fundraising) and Major Gifts (Major Donors, Trusts, Corporate Fundraising and Legacies).
1. Project support (50%)
- Maintain and develop internal processes to aid standardised reporting, campaign delivery, and organisation in response to needs of the wider team.
- Produce budgetary updates, templates and reports as required by the Head of Donor Marketing and Digital Fundraising.
- Support the Donor Marketing Officer in placing merchandise orders and help with order queries.
- Produce fundraising copy for Together for Animals’ bi-annual newsletter.
- Provide general administrative support for the donor marketing and digital fundraising team’s annual work programme.
2. Data integrity (20%)
- Coordinate all of the team’s supporter data throughout the year and communicate these requirements to the Database team through the completion of the required data brief within agreed timeframe.
- Responsible for the data checking of all donor marketing campaigns, including email data.
- Ensure all campaign data selection files and data manipulation are carried out to set criteria and layout before supplying to each member of the team for fulfilment and distribution purposes.
- Ensure all selections are provided by the date required and in the correct manner to ensure data integrity and cost effectiveness.
3. Stock Management (10%)
- Monitor the stock levels, including catalogue merchandise and gift incentives, of all marketing materials required for all direct mail campaigns.
- Ensure any new or existing product initiatives are updated with the latest brand guidelines requirements in all applicable materials, such a welcome pack brochures as and when applicable.
- Supports the Donor Marketing Officer in sourcing potential merchandise for catalogue and gift incentives.
- Develop good relationships with external suppliers and work with them to secure best price and delivery time quotations.
- Brief external printers, suppliers and fulfilment houses and organise printing or delivery of items in line with brand guidelines and relevant SLAs.
4. Financial Responsibility (10%)
- Log all the invoices for the Donor Marketing and Digital Fundraising team.
- Work to ensure that prices/quotes for donor marketing activities are competitive and cost effective for SPANA.
- Deal with and resolve queries relating to invoices and payments for the team.
- Assist with budgetary process as required.
5. Other (10%)
- Undertake delegated projects and assist senior colleagues as requested.
- Provide high level of customer care when communicating with supporters and other key SPANA stakeholders as necessary, by telephone and in writing and in person.
- Effectively manage own workload to deliver projects to timescale and to meet agreed deadlines, such as those for direct marketing campaigns.
- To undertake any other duties not specified above and that are within the context and grade of this post.
As a small charity (in terms of staffing, not ambition nor reach) at times we need everybody to pull together and help out so, in addition to the person specification, we require staff to:
- Be positive with a friendly manner whilst remaining professional and efficient.
- Be flexible as from time to time the post holder may be asked to perform other duties and support other teams.
- To resolve supporter complaints quickly, appropriately and professionally in regard to the areas that their role relates to.
- Enjoy working in a team and have a strong team ethic.
- To maintain, improve and develop team processes and procedures as and where necessary.
- To gain an in-depth understanding of SPANA’s charitable work in order to communicate confidently to current and potential donors.
- Share information with the team, whilst respecting confidentiality, so that you and your colleagues have all the information you need to perform your duties effectively.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Be committed to the aims and objectives of SPANA.
- To attend and assist at fundraising events and be willing to work occasional weekends and evenings when required due to events and community activities.
- Be willing to work within SPANA’s employment policies.
|Experience working in a fast moving environment with ability to work on own initiative.||(E)|
|Demonstrable experience in fundraising or similar.||(E)|
|Experience of direct mail and telemarketing campaigns.||(E)|
|Experience of campaign data selections.||(D)|
|Knowledge/ technical skills|
|Strong time management skills||(E)|
|Proven marketing background, preferably within the charity sector||(E)|
|Knowledge of fundraising processes||(E)|
|Clear and appropriate communication – written and verbal||(E)|
|Print ordering and stock management||(E)|
|Highly IT literate – Internet and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)||(E)|
|Good knowledge of direct marketing principles||(D)|
|Knowledge of working with database software||(D)|
|Educated to degree level or equivalent (in marketing)||(E)|
|Appropriate marketing qualification||(D)|
|Excellent attention to detail, including proof reading skills||(E)|
|Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan and manage a variety of projects and activities to tight deadlines||(E)|
|Good copy-writing skills and the ability to select appropriate imagery and manipulate according to campaign requirements||(E)|
|Highly innovative and creative thinker||(D)|
|Strong supporter care skills||(D)|
|Strong team worker and self-motivator||(D)|
|Uphold the fundamental principles and act with integrity and in accordance with SPANA’s values and obligations||(E)|
|Recognise the implications of working within a charity and a voluntary organisation||(E)|
|Ensure equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice and promote diversity||(E)|
|Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues, external suppliers/internal departments||(E)|
|Willingness to travel overseas as well as to work occasional unsociable hours and weekends.||(E)|
Pension scheme – you contribute 5% SPANA contributes 10%
Discounted gym membership and PureGym and Nuffield Health
Employee assistance programme
Flat rental support agreement
Cycle to work scheme